Dr Ruth Lubel B.Ed (Hons), B.Sc, M.Sc, D.Ed.Ch.Psy
Learning Directions is run by lead practitioner Dr Ruth Lubel who is a highly experienced and qualified educational psychologist.
- Professional Doctorate in Educational Psychology, University of East London (2007)
- MSc Educational Psychology, Institute of Education (1996)
- BSc Hons. Psychology, Open University (1995)
- Diploma in Psychology (Conversion for Postgraduates), Open University(1993
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management Studies, Middlesex Polytechnic (1991
- B.Ed Hons, Special Needs, Art. Middlesex Polytechnic (1985)
I have more than 30 years’ experience in Education and in working with children and young people. This includes 3 years teaching experience and over 20 years as a practicing Educational Psychologist. My work with schools and other settings has included: consultation; assessment and intervention; training; project and development work; research and critical incident support.
I worked for 6 years as a fieldwork tutor with a London University, supervising trainee educational psychologists. Part of this work included observing their practice in order to help them to apply theory directly to the individual casework they were involved with.
Experience as a Psychologist
My experience has centred on assessing the strengths and special needs of children and young people, working with families, schools and other professionals. I have a large breadth of experience in management and have supported a number of strategic developments within the authorities I have worked in. My Doctoral research was within the area of Effective learning, specifically looking at Meta-learning (or learning about your own learning) with a specific group of secondary aged students. Self- regulated learning and meta- learning are areas that I have thoroughly researched and within my work I have been keen to develop structures and systems for students to be more involved with learning about themselves as learners.